Thursday, May 21, 2009

Who is Training You?

Who trained you? Who helped you learn to accomplish certain tasks, tackle various activities? I would guess that you have probably had many trainers. Parents and Grand-parents maybe, aunts and uncles, school teachers, sports coaches and friends all are added to my list of trainers. Some taught me to do good things and others well lets just say not so good. Some of the lessons I learned well and still use their training today. Others I have outgrown or for whatever reason no longer need their guidance.

There is one activity that I continuously have to deal with; a fight that never seems to end. I wake up in the morning and face the battlefield. I often go to bed at night only to take a break in the action. It is not a battle against a person. It is not a competition against another antagonist. It is not financial worry per se. It is a spiritual battle that places me at odds with what God wants for my life.

The odd thing is that the best trainer for this battle is God. The Psalmist said “Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.” Psalm 144:1 We all know that King David faced many physical adversaries but the most devastating ones were those of a carnal and spiritual nature. David knew that God (Lord my Rock) was the only one who could help in most of his circumstances.

Do you face battles that you just can’t seem to win? Fights that all the training everyone else has given seems to be useless? The trainer you need stands in your corner ready to help and all you have to do is accept it. You say you don’t know how? You don’t believe that God would be willing to jump in on your side! He already has. At the cross He chose you to be on His side and accepted the position of Head Trainer. All you have to do is let Him become what He is.

If you have not done that. . . you’re loosing the battle already!

No comments:

Post a Comment