Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Recovery, Recovery, Recovery

Today is day two of a new life with a new hip. To be honest with you I have lived in a lot of pain for the last two years as the “injury related arthritis” just kept getting worse. I was able to hand the day to day activities with little distraction because of the pain meds I was on but knew that I could not do that from now on.
Now I do not want to whine because I know there are many people in the world who are dealing with physical issues much greater than my hurting hip, but it was my hip and it was hurting and now we are dealing with its remedy.

One thing I have learned is that the better you are to the nurses they better they are to you. That has pretty much proven true again here at this hospital too. Whatever we have needed they have provided with a smile and kind heart. I can just imagine what it must be like working with people everyday who are not at their best. Sick, hurting or just not feeling good they will have a tendency to just be meaner than usual. Nurses have to have the ability to overlook that. Many do and some don’t but so far the ones I have had have been just great.

I joked with the radiologist yesterday that they must have to go through sadomasochist classes because they seem to enjoy bending and hurting parts of the body and causing more pain. He just laughed because he knew that I knew he had to get me in just the right position to get a good picture.

Physical Therapist must make you stretch and move parts of the body that are already in pain so that they will be easier to move tomorrow. In-so-doing many people do not like them, but I do. They are going to help me get up and out of here and hopefully soon riding my bike and swinging a golf club again.

No comments:

Post a Comment