Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pop-Ups, Who Needs'em

I have the “pop-up” blocker set on my web browser. I have the “pop-up” blocker set in my Google tool bar and still sometimes one of those blasted, hated pop-ups will just simply “pop-up” and I have to deal with it, seldom read it almost always delete it.

I had actually started this blog with a certain direction in mind. However, just about the time I got to “simply ‘pop-up’” a distraction came into the room. This one was appreciated though because it was one of my nurses coming in to wrap my hip in cellophane so I could take a most wanted shower. But that reminded me that all day long we can have our personal “pop-up” blockers set to protect our time and keep us safe from distractions but somehow we will deal with “pop-ups” throughout our day. Many times it is our attitudes that will determine if we successfully deal with these distractions. Accept them; try to understand them and most of all work with them positively.

There is another pop-up in our daily lives that is most beneficial and we often try to set up the blockers so we will not have to deal with it. I am talking about those times when God’s Holy Spirit pops into our lives and convicts us of a wrong action, selfish motive or destructive attitude. That is what the Holy Spirit does; convicts as well as encourages. When we try to ignore His working we are denying one of the greatest gifts God has to give us; a love so great that not only would He give Himself on a cross to become our sin, but a love that is great enough to continue to work with us so we might become the kind of people He wants us to be.

In short you can attempt to block web site pop-ups with good reason, you can try to protect your time when things need to get done but never, never, never attempt to block the wonderful work of the Spirit even when It pops-up at what seems to be the most inconvenient time.

No comments:

Post a Comment