Wednesday, June 17, 2009

He Knows

Before I can get a word out Debbie, my wonderful wife for thirty-one years, knows what I am going to say. It seems she knows what I am thinking. That makes it hard to get away with things!

Perhaps the most frightening attribute of God is that He knows everything about us. Everything! "O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me." (Psalm 139:1)
And since God is both omnipresent and omniscient, it obviously follows that nothing escapes His conscious knowledge about us. We cannot hide even the most mundane daily activity or keep a secret thought from Him. We are as clear to His knowledge as well water that has come from deep in the earth. But yet we often try to deceive Him anyway. We think maybe He isn’t looking right now, or that we really do not matter in the large scheme of life. .

Considering this it is strange that God loves us in spite of what we try to do. I think it is because He knows what we could be. The Bible is clear that “While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8 NIV) He knows who we are and still loves us. But, He know what we can be and chooses to help guide us if we will let Him. Realize that HE KNOWS and we can’t hide our lives from Him. He gives us eternal life through His Son so that we will realize, one day, what He knows we shall be.

No comments:

Post a Comment