Thursday, June 4, 2009

Present and Future Peace

I am one of the lucky ones in this life in that I had wonderful grandparents and a super mother who did their best to teach me the things I needed to know in life. They were not always successful but it was not because of their lack of trying; they were dedicated to that and their love could never be mistaken. Any failure was on my part in that as a young “bull-headed” kid I thought I knew what was best. Through it all though there is one thing I was always sure of; they loved me and I always had a safe place with them.

The blessings we have in Christ are far too many to number. First of all, in Christ "we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace" (Ephesians 1:7). As a result, "being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1).

Thus, through such promises, we are assured of His love for us and a safe place to find rest. "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that you have eternal life" (1 John 5:13). Further assurance is given by the presence of the Holy Spirit who comes to us when we believe on Christ. "You have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father" (Romans 8:15).

There are many other blessings that are ours in Christ. In Him, for example, "we have obtained an inheritance" (Ephesians 1:11), for we are joint-heirs with Him. We can be assured that when we need, which is always, that advocate who will speak on our behalf we are assured that "we have a great high priest" (Hebrews 4:14) ever living to intercede for us at the throne of God.

It was always a comfort to know that after the end of a long hard day, or a weekend off at some rodeo or even coming home on leave while in the Army there was a place for me. A place made safe and tidy by those who loved me. We also have that comfort for after this life when God calls us home, "we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens," and then we are "to be present with the Lord" throughout the ages to come (2 Corinthians 5:8). These are a few of the blessings we have in Christ.

Do you know this love? Do you experience His presence everyday in your life? If you do not know or have experienced the peace in knowing that future; Let’s talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment